Well it’s finally happened.
The Beautiful Blogger Award has made its way around to my little neck of the blogging woods. And that choice of phrase is pertinent, since the honor was passed on to me by The Forester Artist (http://theforesterartist.com) whose blog delights with nature-inspired drawing, painting and photography.
As with so many things, there are a few rules that accompany this honor.
Rule #1: Thank the person who nominated you.
Thank you, Tim Livingston.
That was easy enough. (Whew.)
Rule #2: Post the award image to your page.
So far, this is no sweat.
Rule #3: Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- I am 33 years old.
- I have been a professional baker. (Red Mountain Cafe in Las Cruces, NM)
- I met my partner, Tony, at Red Mountain Cafe in Las Cruces, NM where we both worked. That was 12 years ago.
- In addition to New Mexico, I have lived in Hibbing, Red Wing, and St. Paul, MN and have made three failed attempts to live in Brooklyn, NY.
- I don’t have any special fondness for traveling. Wherever I am is good.
- I love talking about myself, but don’t like revealing much.
- Both my parents are psychologists.
Rule #4: Nominate 15 other bloggers, and let them know about the nomination.
- “Good Humored” by Paprika Furstenburg – a gently witty take on the world.
- “Listful Thinking” by Stephanie – Her humor makes me wet myself.
- “Draw and Shoot” by Karen McRae – Prolific and exquisitely beautiful nature photography.
- “You Monsters Are People” by Matt Posky – A funny, illustrated social commentary blog.
- “Every Day I’m Whuffling” by Sonja Alves – collage, drawings, and perspectives on parenting.
- “Sarahjaneprosetry” by Sarah Jane -Prose/poetry that that packs a punch.
- “The Evolution of Eloquence” by Leo Rex – words and music; poetry and beats.
- “Mike Schultz Paintings” by Mike Schultz – A consistent style, carried convincingly across a variety of approaches.
- “Artsy Forager” by Leslie Frenz – a new artist featured on each post. As a curator, Leslie’s eye is flawless.
- “Modern Day Epic” – by Rigel Ordinario – A serialized sci-fi fantasy in verse!
- “And Other Such Things” by Gaia Cornwall – Impeccable illustration for the whole family.
- Seth McWhorter’s Digital Sketchbook” by Seth McWhorter – amazingly accurate drawings of everyday objects, and other things.
- “Tin Roof Press” by Janine Shroff – Illustrations and assorted musings.
- “Rob’s Schetsblog” by Rob van Doeselaar – the most beautiful drawings I’ve seen in a long time… with a penchant for fuzzy fabrics!
- “Sylvia Tay Designs” by Sylvia Tay – textile designs that inspire!
Whoa boy! That was the hard part. Deciding who to nominate, and then putting together fitting recognitions of each.
Meanwhile… a couple of drawing from a recent model sitting at the studio. The sitter is the daughter of my studiomate, Rebecca True. Both images are colored pencil and are also on the large side: about 14″x 20″ I think. Enjoy.